Old versionsSee all
Universal Viewer is a very basic but versatile application that allows you to open almost any type of file, such as images, media, MS Word, MS Excel, PDF, RTF, text, and Internet files.
After the program is installed, it adds an option to the context menu to open the files directly and without the need of extra software.
About the program options, they depend on the type of file; for example, in the case of images, it shows options to rotate or add effects; for music files it shows controls to play, pause, or increase the volume. MS Word documents, on the other hand, can only be viewed or printed with this app. Another advantage is that it is possible to run multiple instances of the program; you can view an image, listen to a music file, and open a document at the same time.
Although the program is simple, it supports more than 40 image formats including RAW images; it supports more than 170 media files including AVI, MPG, WMV, FLV, and MKV; and supports DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, HTML, XML, MHT, and big text files.
The last thing to mention is that the program comes in two versions, the Pro and a very limited free version, which lacks the majority of the features. So, if you need to quickly open any type of file without complications, this program can be for you.
- It supports more than 40 image formats including RAW images
- It supports more than 170 media files including AVI, MPG, WMV, FLV, and MKV
- It supports DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, HTML, XML, MHT, and big text files
- No additional software is needed to open the supported files
- Extra plugins may be required to open files that are not supported
- Only images can be edited or transformed
- The free version has many limitations